Friday, August 22, 2008

New Things

Me, Andrea (BJ's wife), and Meghan (Kyle's GF)

Austin
Derek


Derek and Roxy riding around the neighborhood

Princess and Sam

Max snoozing as always.

BJ, Trevor, and Eric


So I am new to this whole blogging, but I think it will be good for me. It will be easier to give updates on family stuff and then also I can get my frustrations out so that I don't become stressed over it.

So to start off, we are a family of 8. You might be thinking wow, that is big, but here is the breakdown of our family. Trevor and I met in high school. That is right high school. We managed to stay in contact and continue dating off and on while I went to college. During the summer before my junior year. We had our first kids. They were the cutest two little puppies that just begged us to take home. Max and Princess joined our family the summer of 2000. They are now 8 years old and are the best dogs we could ever ask for. Believe it or not, they are from the same litter. After I graduated from Tennessee, I joined the Air Force as an Officer. So we moved to Delaware. Trevor and I were now engaged by this point and so we packed up all our stuff (which was not much) and headed to our new home. After a year in Delaware we married in 2003 and started to extend our family. We had our first son, Derek Xavier in Sept 2004. He is the greatest little boy anyone could ask for. He is so well behaved and very cute. Then we moved to Bolling AFB, DC. Not a bad home but then I separated and took on a new job in the DC area. Fast forward about 2 years and then Sam came to our family. Sam is our black shorthaired cat that used to belong to my parents. They were having to get rid of her and I didn't want her going to the shelter, so I offered to give her a home. She is a skiddish cat, loves to hide, but when she does come out she holds her own with Max and Princess. Then came along Austin Bailey in Sept 2007. He is going to be our wild child. The boy just wants to do what he wants. You distract him with something and he will go right back to what he wants to do. Now we are into 2008 and we added to our family with Roxy. She is an adorable rotti puppy. This was Trevor's idea right before he left on another job. He knows I am a sucker for animals, that is why I do not go into Pet Stores. So there it is. Our family of 8. Trevor and I, our two boys, three dogs, and a cat all living in our home in the DC area.






No comments: