Sunday, February 28, 2010

Raising Boys

Ahh...boys. As being the only female in a houseful of males, I have realized that it is an art or special person to raise boys. I know I know, I am actually biased since I have two boys and I would not trade them for the world. Trying to potty train Austin as well as getting Derek ready to start kindergarten in the fall, it all is amazing. We have more trucks and cars then we know what to do with. We have not one single pair of jeans without a hole in the knees. Dirt and sand comes into the home everyday after school and find even more later in bed, when it is time for lights out. Fishing in the backyard and playing ball in the front, it is a constant go. I know girls can be just as on the go, but there is no matching clothes, or knowing of fashion. No make up to be worn. Just more bugs, mud, and trucks.

Here we have Austin helping daddy cook. Actually, he was doing what boys do best. Eating. Trevor decided to make Spaetzle from scratch, one of my favorite meals, when Austin wanted to help. Trevor couldn't get the noodles into the pot fast enough, as Austin was eating all the raw noodles off the counter. As you can see, he made a mess himself. One of many things coming from a boy.
And the oldest, Derek. Here he is as a pirate. He likes to come into the room and want to wrestle whether it is with Daddy, Austin, or Mommy, he is always on the go and up for a good fight. Today he asked if we have ever been to California. I asked him why and he said because that is where cars talk. Cars talk? He says California is where the best looking cars are and they talk. He is only 5!!!!

My lesson is that even though girls want lots of clothes and to always look good. I am wondering if boys will actually cost more money. They have expensive habits with electronics and vehicles. They eat more than anyone I know. The boys each ate pancakes all day today. They had it for breakfast and for dinner. At least that is the cheap meal of the week. They are always hungry and eat non stop. I know it can be just as expensive to have girls. I just wanted to give my perspective of raising two boys. I love them and can't wait to see what other adventures we have.

1 comment:

Christine Bilek said...

cute pictures of the boys...I can't believe they passed out together in the 1st picture!