Monday, January 17, 2011

36 Down 4 to Go

Yesterday we went and had maternity/family photos done to prepare for Peyton's arrival. Of course for some reason I cannot get them to set up properly on the computer, but the one above was one of the better family shots.

We continue to prepare for our little missy's arrival. This coming Friday we have our home visit to prepare for the homebirth, so this week we are trying to make sure we have everything ready for the birth and of course for her many days afterwards. Cleaning, freezing meals, washing carseats, pack and play set up downstairs, etc. All the joys of preparing and just making us more and more excited.

The boys seem to be very excited. As we have posted on Facebook and blogged here, we are having a homebirth. One of the things Derek recently said to us is that he wants to help daddy cut the umbilical cord. I found this very interesting, but he wants to be as involved as we will allow him. Of course we have been preparing them for everything that can/will be happening in our home during the birthing process. He seems to be ok with it, but knows he can go to a friends if he wants to. Austin on the other hand, just wants his baby sister out.

I wish I could get more photos on here to show, but they mostly need to be rotated and I cannot figure that part out since I do not have editing capability on them. But it was a great family event with the boys laughing and being silly. We even had a dogpile of the boys. So very cute. My next post will probably be of the birth unless something eventful happens before then. Just a warning it may be TMI so read at your own risk!!!

1 comment:

The Samsons said...

Great family photo! It could be any day!!! Can't wait to hear how your home birth goes :)