Friday, September 5, 2008

Going Home

So I finally get to go home. I leave the week of the 22nd and when I return it will be crazy busy at home. First I am planning Austin's first birthday party. Of course it is going to be small with just family and close friends. He will have it on his bday which happens to be on a Saturday this year. I can't believe he will be 1 already. How time flies. I did find out that he is officially walking which makes me a little sad since I missed it.

Then the following week we are doing Derek's fourth birthday party. He actully turns 4 next week but since I am gone and he wants a party with all his friends, we are doing it in Oct. I am getting a bounce house for the kids and a pinata and all kinds of little things to keep them entertained. We decided to it at our house and hopefully it will all turn out ok. It is hard to plan when you are in another country.

After that we are trying to decide if we are going to go my 10 year high school reunion. We are definitely going to Trevor's next year, but we can't determine if we want to go to mine. I know some of you are thinking that it is a no brainer. Well here is why we are not sure. My Senior year was my first year at this school. It was my third high school. See I was raised in a military family so you never spent more than 2 years at any one school. So by the time I was a senior I had been to 12 schools. Yes it is possible especially when you first move somewhere and you start in one school then you actually live in a different district so you have to start another school mid year. It never was a problem for me until my senior year. It was the first school I went to that wasn't full of military kids and used to people coming and going. All these people had been in school with each other since elementary school. So they didn't take to me very well. By the time I graduated, I had made a few friends, but nothing like I was used to. So in essence it was a pretty bad year. But I did meet my husband there. So some good did come out of it. So any way we can't make up our minds if we want to go.

Then before we know it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas. We still haven't decided what we are doing for those holidays and are still trying to plan. Hopefully Trevor will be home for them. The new year we will be here before we know it. Ah the things to be done once I return. So much to do with so little time.

1 comment:

The Samsons said...

I think you should definitely go to the reunion. We might even be highlighting our highschool sweethearts - we have several that met in highschool!

Thanks for the advice. We are trying tons of tummy time and repositioning as well! Glad to know I'm not alone with my little flat head baby :)