Friday, September 12, 2008

Sad News

I received some sad news the other night. My grandfather passed away at the young age of 75. Here I am sitting in another country and I cannot do anything. I have thought about going home and my boss' all say it is fine, but my dad says by the time I get home everything will already be done. He says I should stay put. The earliest I could be there would be Tuesday. I feel quilty and sad. I feel guilty because he never got to see his Great-Grandkids. My grandfather lived in California and I always told him I would get out there to visit, but I never did. My dad was an only child, so my brother, sister, and I are his only grandchildren. He was a man who kept more to himself rather than having a lot of friends, so they are going to have just a small ceremony for him instead of doing a formal funeral. He would have wanted it that way. I also feel bad because I cannot be there for my dad, I know he is having a hard time. Afterall his father just passed away. I always sent lots of pictures of my boys so Grandpa could see them. He would send them birthday cards and gifts for christmas, which he knows was not necessary. I love you dearly Grandpa. We miss you and all love you very much. We know you are watching over us now.

No comments: