So two weeks ago, I turned the big 3-0. Wow. I can't believe it has been 30 years since I was born. And to have enjoyed everything I have done so far and yet there is still so much to do. So for my 30th birthday, Trevor and I took a cruise. No kids allowed. And it was not just any cruise, the cruise destinations I have always wanted, the eastern Caribbean islands. We sailed on the Emerald Princess from Princess cruise lines. Now I will start off by NOT recommending Princess cruise lines (compared to Carnival), but overall we had an excellent time. Our stops were Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk. The weather was outstanding and could not have been better.
So our very first stop was Princess Cays. This is a private island owned by Princess cruise lines in the Bahamas. It was for just a few hours and not a whole lot to do, but we did get off the boat and enjoy the sun. We started by doing a two person kayak. It was a lot of fun. Then we enjoyed a BBQ that the ship provided on the island. After that we went back to the ship and enjoyed an excellent couples massage under a cabana in their sanctuary zone. It was so peaceful and quiet.
Our next full day (which was my bday), was at sea. The ship had a few activities that were ok, but we spent most of the day baking by the pool while watching movies. It was our first formal night as well so we dressed up and headed to dinner for our 5 course meal. Ok maybe more like 4. The waiters sang happy birthday to me and provided us with an excellent chocolate cake. Very delicious. Then we went to see comedian Phil Tag. He has been on Comedy Central and The Late Night with Jay Leno. Absolutely hilarious. In fact we even bought his DVD. It was great.
Our next stop was St. Maarten. Here we just enjoyed walking to the city and enjoying shops. This is a special place for us, because this is where we honeymooned. It was nice to be back there. I also had my hair braided. What can I say, I was on vacation :-). After shopping and enjoying the sun, we made it back to the ship for a relaxing evening.
Next we went to St. Thomas. Here we took a historic boat tour that took us to town and did a walking tour of historic St. Thomas. The best thing about this was Blackbeard's Castle. It was more like a tower and Blackbeard had never been there, but they made their own rum there and had statues of many different pirates. It was cute. Trevor tried one of the rum's.
Our last stop was Grand Turk. Here there was not much to do unless you rented a car which we did not, but there was Margaritaville and who can pass that up!! Jimmy Buffett would have been proud.
Last day at Sea was uneventful. I believe everyone was just trying to catch up from the rest of the week so here we just enjoyed more movies and some pool time. Trevor played in a poker tournament and took 4th place. Too bad only 1st and 2nd paid out. Oh well maybe next time.
So we made it back home and I missed my boys dearly. I thank my mom very much for taking the time out of her schedule and taking off work to stay with the boys so Trevor and I could enjoy this little vacation. It was perfect and I could not have asked for anything better.
After getting home, we prepared for another quick escape for Thanksgiving. We went to my brothers and enjoyed a great meal with his Family. I could not have asked for anything more.
*****No Pics right now as my SD card was erased. Hopefully I can have the pics retrieved*****
1 comment:
Your vacation sounds heavenly. I'm going to pick your brain about cruises sometime in the future, because I'd love to do a cruise with my husband!
Post a Comment