So many of you who know me or have read along, know that I am pregnant. As the title states only 8 1/2 weeks to go. This is very exciting. We finally picked a name. Peyton Lorelai. She is going to be a great addition to our growing family. Big brothers Derek and Austin have been doing very well in making sure Mommy is on the right track for their sister to enter this world. They constantly bring out their stethoscopes to check the heartbeats for both mommy and baby sister as well as check mommy's blood pressure. It is so cute, it has now become our nightly routine before going to bed.
So last week we had our 30 week appointment. During this appointment we started to go through everything to be prepared for the arrival of Peyton at home. Yes that is right. If I have not said it before, I am now. We are having a homebirth!!! So very exciting. I have not been shy about my medical history and after having C-sections with both of the boys, our little girl will be welcomed into our family in a new way. Everything about this is unknown to us. We have raised two little boys and now we are having a girl. I had two C-sections and now will have a vaginal birth. This is all new to me. It can be a little overwhelming but it is so exciting. My mother is worried of course, but after lots of research and of course asking lots of questions to either friends or my midwife, we are 100% sure this is the route we want to go. So during this appointment we set up our 36 week home-visit with our long list of items to make sure we have at home and on hand. We reserved our birthing tub which I want to mainly use for pain management. Now all plans are meant to be flexible so if at the time of birth I decide on a water birth, my midwife, hubby, and birth assistant are all prepared for that. Right now we are going with the flow.
So I get closer to my Feb 14th due date, I am thinking of everything I need to do. Peyton's room is together and ready. I still need ideas for meal planning. I have started a list of what meals to make and freeze, but of course I need to get through the holidays first. Beginning the New Year I will be in full mode of preparing for the birth. Any and all ideas are welcome from meal planning to pain management. Plan is for my mom and hubby to be here to help both me and make sure our precious boys are taken care of.
2 comments:
ideas are coming!
How exciting!! Getting close :)
Post a Comment