We spent Derek's first spring break ever going up to DC to see Trevor's side of the family. This was Peyton's first trip to anywhere and at only 5 weeks old. We are such a traveling family. I am sure we will get her passport soon so we can take trips overseas.
Our first weekend up there, all of Trevor's brothers were there as well as our sister in law and future sister in law (only a few more months). They all stayed the weekend and we all enjoyed their company. Everyone played pass the baby as Peyton was handed off to everyone. She slept through it all on Friday night as she was down for the night. She did so well on her flights that she fell asleep on the last one and once everyone got their hands on her she continued to sleep. She did wake for a few but mainly slept.
Saturday was a nice day so the boys played outside and their Uncles were not far behind. They all enjoyed playing hard and shooting each other with a nerf gun. Boys being boys :-). Peyton had her time outside as well and continued to be passed around. We all decided to go bowling to get out of the house and enjoy this time being together. I am such an avid bowler that I normally cannot and will not bowl without my own ball and shoes, but I sucked it up and did it with what was at the lanes. I didn't even complain. It was a lot of fun. Of course since I had a tough time trying to figure out how to bowl without my stuff, I took third. My hubby of course took first and our sister in law Andrea took second. It was all fun. My boys even did really well. They both bowled 70 and 80. Of course they had bumpers, but still good for them. It was a good time especially watching the boys bowl. We also even got Eric to hold Peyton. This in itself is a rarity as Eric will not hold babies. He doesn't like them until they are able to play back, more closer to when they turn 1. It was too funny.
Everyone headed back on Sunday so the rest of the week, was spent catching up with old friends and getting work related things done. We even got to see my dad for a short period as he was on his way home to Cali. It got colder in the week and me wishing we were back South where it is very warm. Our flights home were uneventful. We did take a later flight from CLT airport and received 3 vouchers for 325 each. So nice. I may have been crazy since I was traveling by myself with three kiddos, but it was worth it. Now we can use these for other trips in the future.
Now we are back home in 80 degree weather and going to enjoy as much as possible until it is time to move.
No comments:
Post a Comment