Monday is also very important as we will find out if Rory indeed has craniosynostosis. You are probably like what is that. Well basically it is the fusing of the bones too early. Rory's soft spot has basically disappeared. Sometimes it can be found, but these days more often than not, it is very small or non existent. Her head continues to become longer than round and over time if not taken care could cause delays. We will be headed down to UVA to see a neurosurgeon who will give us our final diagnosis. The only fix for something like this is surgery. Kinda scary, but I have prepared myself for the worst. Of course I still hope that they will come back and say that she only needs a helmet or maybe I am just over reacting. So now we have to get through today. Prepare for school tomorrow and try not to think the worst until given our final diagnosis. I have already hit up several cranio sites to do my research and have already been introduced to several support sites and have talked to many parents who have children who were born with this and how they came out of the surgery just fine. Lots of prayers and positive thinking are going on here.
Sunday, August 19, 2012
Monday
Monday is a big day around here. It is the first day of school for my second grader Derek. Wow, I have a second grader. He continues to amaze me as he grows up. Of course he does not want to start school again and wishes for a longer vacation, but I know once he gets with his friends he will do just fine. I guess it not begins on them saying they don't like school or don't want to go. At least we have all his supplies ready.

Monday is also very important as we will find out if Rory indeed has craniosynostosis. You are probably like what is that. Well basically it is the fusing of the bones too early. Rory's soft spot has basically disappeared. Sometimes it can be found, but these days more often than not, it is very small or non existent. Her head continues to become longer than round and over time if not taken care could cause delays. We will be headed down to UVA to see a neurosurgeon who will give us our final diagnosis. The only fix for something like this is surgery. Kinda scary, but I have prepared myself for the worst. Of course I still hope that they will come back and say that she only needs a helmet or maybe I am just over reacting. So now we have to get through today. Prepare for school tomorrow and try not to think the worst until given our final diagnosis. I have already hit up several cranio sites to do my research and have already been introduced to several support sites and have talked to many parents who have children who were born with this and how they came out of the surgery just fine. Lots of prayers and positive thinking are going on here.

Monday is also very important as we will find out if Rory indeed has craniosynostosis. You are probably like what is that. Well basically it is the fusing of the bones too early. Rory's soft spot has basically disappeared. Sometimes it can be found, but these days more often than not, it is very small or non existent. Her head continues to become longer than round and over time if not taken care could cause delays. We will be headed down to UVA to see a neurosurgeon who will give us our final diagnosis. The only fix for something like this is surgery. Kinda scary, but I have prepared myself for the worst. Of course I still hope that they will come back and say that she only needs a helmet or maybe I am just over reacting. So now we have to get through today. Prepare for school tomorrow and try not to think the worst until given our final diagnosis. I have already hit up several cranio sites to do my research and have already been introduced to several support sites and have talked to many parents who have children who were born with this and how they came out of the surgery just fine. Lots of prayers and positive thinking are going on here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying for Rory!!
Post a Comment