

Today is a day to honor our fellow service members and veterans. I remember when I was about in 5th grade, my school went on a field trip to Normandy, France. Of course back then, we were just happy to go on a field trip that was a week long. Looking back on it now, it reminds me of why I joined the Air Force. It reminds me of why my dad joined the Air Force and why my brother joined the Army and my cousin the navy, etc. My whole family is part of the military. Looking back at some photos from this trip reminds me of the sacrifice these individuals made for our country to remain free. It reminds me why we are over in Afghanistan today. Why more than half my troops are willing to go over to continue to fight over and over again. Many people forget why we are at war today. I am sure with the new President we will withdraw and have a small break, but we have yet to get Bin Laden and I am sure that he will try again to break America's spirit. Remember how America stood together right after September 11th. We did not faulter, we did not hide in our homes, instead we stood as a nation putting flags out for the world to see. We went about our business and came together as a nation. We have men and women who still believe in fighting the great fight, to keep our country free so that we can do as we please, say as we please. If you read this today and know someone who has served or is still serving, please tell them thank you. Don't just do it today, do it often so they know they are doing something great for our country. Thank you all that are serving and have served. Thank you Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard. I have never been more honored than to serve with such an outstanding group of men and women.
No comments:
Post a Comment