Derek is doing better and better at baseball and I just love that he is into sports. Austin still feels left out since he is not quite old enough yet. Next year buddy. Don't worry. Peyton, well who could ask for a more perfect child. She is so easy and loves the attention that her brothers give her.
Since my kids are mostly good and easy to care for, when my sister in law and my brother asked us to take my niece and nephew for the month of July, I jumped at the chance. 5 kids. No problem. Easy peasy. They are pretty good too. Donna loves helping take care of peyton so I can get dishes done or fold laundry. Not that I could not do all that before, but an extra pair of hands definitely helps. Shawn loves having some other boys to play with, even if they do argue over the same toys.
Since things have been going so well, my friend needed help while she went out of town to a conference with her two little girls. I told her what is 2 more, right? So there we had 7 kids going on in this house at one time. It was great. Made it a little difficult to go places since I don't have a vehicle big enough for 7 kids, but my mother in law came the one day to help out. So we did manage to go to the park for a bit and I did go grocery shopping with just the girls in tow. Donna enjoyed having a girl over that she can play with and can't wait for my sister to get here since they are the same age.
So whether its 3, 5, or 7 kids, really after a bit it is all the same. You just need to make more food.
No comments:
Post a Comment