Thursday, March 15, 2012

7 Months





Wow, I have been really bad about keeping up with the family blog. Can't believe it was 7 months ago that I updated the latest. So much has happened since that last post.

First off, for those who do not know, which I am sure is not very many at all, we are now 7 months almost 8 months pregnant. Yes, we found out we are expecting another little girl in almost 2 months. Little Dakota Rory should arrive sometime in mid May. We were going to do a Birth Center birth, but recently switched and found a midwife to do a homebirth again. I know, crazy right. It was such a good experience with Peyton, that we want to do it again. We really cannot wait.

Trevor took a new job in November. Someone was definitely looking out for us, as it was a call out of the blue. He took the interview just to see what they had to offer and by the next day went ahead and took the job. When he gave his employer his notice he found out he was going to be let go at Thanksgiving. God works in mysterious ways. That is for sure. Unfortunately with the new job it requires a lot more traveling for him. So as with the normal routine, he is gone most of the pregnancy, but we are used to it and doesn't seem to phase us at all.

With Trevor being gone, some family drama of course has come to light and so my Sister in Law and her two kids (my niece and nephew) moved in around the holidays. It has been a great help to have them here since Trevor is away. I really appreciate everything they do to help and I am glad I can help them get back on their feet.

Trevor did make it home for Christmas and so we spent the week with his parents at Disney. We had a great time and the boys cannot wait to go again. Of course again going to Disney, I could not do too much, so hopefully we will go back again, but this time I can ride the rides :-)

Trevor left again right after the holidays and is not due to return back until a month before Rory's date to arrive. So he will make it back in time for her arrival. He did however miss Peyton's first birthday. We had a great time and I am proud of the cake I made her. I can't believe our little missy is one already. They do grow up quickly as she is such a smart little girl. She started walking at 9 months right around Thanksgiving and has been non stop ever since. She knows exactly what she wants and how to go about getting it. She climbs, walks, trys to run, etc. She can open things that she shouldn't be able to, but we keep pretty good tabs on her. She loves to clap and receive praise when she figures something out. I am sure we are in for great time with her.

Well I think that catches us up for the last 7 months. Hopefully I will keep up on this better. I know our birth story will make it on here.

No comments: