Wednesday, February 4, 2009

11 Years.....


Wow, it has been awhile. Trevor and I have been together for 11 years. Yep you read that right. Yesterday we celebrated 11 years together. Some of you I know can't believe it, but we met in High School and have been together ever since. We first met during the basketball season. I did stats for the Varsity Team and Trevor did the books at the main table for all the games. During the break he would come sit with me to keep me company until the team came out of the locker room. Although he never said a word to me. He would just sit by me and offer whatever candy he had that day, but still not talking to me. Then on Feb 3rd at the end of the game he invited me out afterwards. So I agreed and it has been history ever since.


I went quite a ways away for college going all the way to TN and he stayed in the DC area doing community college and working. Then I decided to join the Air Force so he moved with me to Delaware. It is there we got married and had our first son. Then we moved back to the DC area as I was stationed at Bolling AFB. It was there we decided for me to get out and find a new job. So I did. It has kept us in the area and we had our second son.


So last night we did not do anything fancy as we work and commute. We picked up the boys from school and went to Olive Garden where we induldged in wine and desserts after our meal. It was nice to have the boys with us and we all laughed and made jokes. Our waiter was fantastic. He even didn't charge us for the wine! All in all it has been a great 11 years. Just thought I would share that is how long we have been together. The photo above was taken not long after Derek was born. Actually I think it was 3 months exactly. We were going to my Squadrons Holiday Party.

No comments: