Sunday, February 22, 2009

Time to Clean

*****Warning, very messy house, very embarassing and no we do not live like this*****


We are moving this summer and it is time to start with the pre spring cleaning. Just simple stuff like putting everything where it belongs and making sure everything is ready to be sorted for garage sale, trash, and keepers. Since I am currently on yet another TDY (thank goodness we are moving, no more TDY's) I have left this task up to my kids and Trevor. Lets hope this works out because right now it looks like they are making an even bigger mess.




First it seems to appear that kids go in the cabinets. I am sure they were just playing hide-n-seek or at least that is what I am hoping for. Can you see the clutter inside the cabinet? That tells me that Austin probably pulled all the items out and then Trevor just threw them back in. I am just glad they were put back.


And to be one again. Austin is at the stage where he wants to check everything out. This means opening and closing every door or drawer. As you can see he decided to open everything. Probably trying to find food. We used to keep the cereal in one of the cabinets on the bottom, but as you can see they are now on the stove. The boy will eat everything in site.

The boys try to be a big help. When they see us cleaning they try to pick up as well. Austing thinks hiding everything in his shirt will help. This time it was a football.




At the end of the day Austin thought it would be good to climb into an empty box. It is amazing how kids like to play with the boxes, but not the toys sometimes. So starting the cleaning process takes time as well as getting organized. Hopefully when I get home everything will be in its place so we can easily start the throwing out process. Spring cleaning and moving are always hard to do. At least my boys will help.




No comments: